What to Serve with Shrimp
You have a great recipe, but now you are wondering, “what to serve with shrimp?” Although we could eat shrimp alone almost every day, sometimes you need a side or starch to go along with them! After you prepare them, whether it is grilling (see our best picks for BBQ shrimp here!), sautéing, baking, or frying – their versatility makes them easily paired well with grains and starches, such as rice, pasta, and grits.
We share a variety of recipes each week, but usually shrimp are, “the star of the show.” Obviously, The American Shrimp Company is somewhat biased, but it does not cloud our judgment completely.
Now, what to serve with shrimp? We have compiled some great dish ideas that can be cooked with shrimp as the main protein.
- Cheesy Basil Orzo – Via My Kitchen Craze
- Garlic Bread Pasta – Via Mantitlement
- Pesto Pasta Salad – Via Love To Be In The Kitchen
- Parmesan Portobello Orzo – Via Budget Bytes
- Creamy Asparagus Pasta Salad – Via Tidy Mom
- Easy Cilantro Lime Rice – Via Life in the Lofthouse
- Three Bean Wild Rice Salad – Via Mom On Timeout
- Basil Pesto & Roasted Corn Rice – Via Zen & Spice
- Grilled Pineapple Rice – Via Let’s Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf – Via Carlsbad Cravings
Grits + Polenta
- Three Cheese Grits Casserole – Via Love, Pasta and A Tool Belt
- Roasted Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Polenta – Via Pinch of Yum
- Loaded Slow-Cooker Grits – Via Delish
- Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Polenta – Via Mother Earth Living
- Avocado Parmesan Grits – Via Meik and the Dish
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes – Via Plain Chicken
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole – Via Chef-In-Training
- Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes – Via Café Delites
- Au Gratin Potatoes – Via Spend with Pennies
- Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash – Via Delicious Little Bites
We know, how are you supposed to only pick one of these? From the Creamy Asparagus Pasta Salad to the Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes, there are so many excellent choices of what to serve with shrimp. Depending on the flavors used in cooking your shrimp, one of these should complement them very well. Check out our Facebook page for recipe shares and original recipes from our website blog each week!